The Griptilian is born of custom knife maker Mel Pardue's passion for functional designs. You release the creature's ferocity with a thumb stud. At the very heart of the Griptilian, is the exclusive AXIS™ locking mechanism. This modern marvel gives life to a cutting tool like you have never experienced before, especially in a lightweight folder. Rock-solid ambidextrous function is sure to tame the most die-hard of traditionalists. And you can grab onto the lightweight, injection molded handle with its grip-textured surface and rib covered spine that grabs you right back for a "can't let go" grip. The Model 551 also comes with a reversible carry-clip for right or left side carry.
- Ambidextrous Thumb-Stud Opener
- Lightweight Molded Handle
- Drop Point Blade Shape
- Highly Corrosion Resistant X15 T.N. Blade Steel
- Multiple Configurations and Colors Available
- Country of Origin: USA
- AXIS® A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100-percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar which rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spanning the liners and positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar it's inertia to engage the knife tang, and as a result the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
- Blade Length: 3.45"
- Blade Thickness: 0.115"
- Blade Material: N680 Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
- Blade Style: Modified Drop-Point; Ambidextrous Thumb-Studs
- Weight: 3.82oz.
- Clip: Silver Split Arrow, Reversible, Tip-Up
- Lock Mechanism: AXIS
- Overall Length: 8.07"
- Closed Length: 4.62"
- Class: Blue
- Made in USA